The age of the shade will affect remote usage.
- Products manufactured before 2007 will not use programming. To operate, point the remote at the window treatment within a close range.
Products manufactured after 2007 can use infrared (IR) or radio frequency (RF). To use IR operation, point the remote at the window treatment within a close range. To use RF operation, each window covering will need to be programmed to a group number on the remote
. To operate, aim the remote at the sensor eye. Press and release the open and close arrow to operate the window covering.
- Press and hold the manual button.
- Press and release the group number button on the remote that you wish to program the shade to.
- Aim remote at the eye of the shade, and press and release the UP (open) button on the remote.
- Release the manual button.
- Test the remote operation. If this method did not work, continue on to step V.
- Pin poke the recessed reset button on the back of the remote and immediately let go. Do not press the reset button for more than one second. The LED on the front of the remote will start to flash green.
- Hold the remote next to the satellite eye or manual button on the headrail of the shade.
- While the LED is still flashing green, press and release the group number you want to program the shade to (1-4) and then press and release the up arrow.
- The shade should jog to indicate it has successfully been programmed to the shade.